|SV||Want al hadt gij tien duizend leermeesters in Christus, zo [hebt gij] toch niet vele vaders; want in Christus Jezus heb ik u door het Evangelie geteeld.|
|Steph|| εαν γαρ μυριους παιδαγωγους εχητε εν χριστω αλλ ου πολλους πατερας εν γαρ χριστω ιησου δια του ευαγγελιου εγω υμας εγεννησα
|Trans.||ean gar myrious paidagōgous echēte en christō all ou pollous pateras en gar christō iēsou dia tou euangeliou egō ymas egennēsa|
AlgemeenZie ook: Jezus Christus
Handelingen 18:11, Galaten 4:19, Filemon 1:10, Jakobus 1:18
Want al hadt gij tien duizend leermeesters in Christus, zo [hebt gij] toch niet vele vaders; want in Christus Jezus heb ik u door het Evangelie geteeld.
- Clement Stromata - 3 99 § 3
- Clement Stromata 3.15- "Little children," says the Teacher, "I am with you only a little longer." 404 That is why Paul says in his letter to Galatians, "My little children, I am going through the pains of childbirth with you a second time until Christ is formed in you" 405 (3)Yet again in writing to the Corinthians he says, "You may have thousands of tutors in Christ but only one father. I am your father in Christ through the gospel." 406 (4) This is why "no eunuch shall enter God’s assembly," 407 being unproductive and unfruitful in behavior and speech. But "those who have made themselves eunuchs" – free from every sin – "for the kingdom of heaven’s sake," 408 in fasting from worldliness, 409 find blessing.
- Clement Stromata 5.2- Respecting faith we have adduced sufficient testimonies of writings among the Greeks. But in order not to exceed bounds, through eagerness to collect a very great many also respecting hope and love, suffice it merely to say that in the Crito Socrates, who prefers a good life and death to life itself, thinks that we have hope of another life after death. Also in the Phœdrus he says, That only when in a separate state can the soul become partaker of the wisdom which is true, and surpasses human power; and when, having reached the end of hopeby philosophic love, desire shall waft it to heaven, then, says he, does it receive the commencement of another, an immortal life. And in the Symposium he says, That there is instilled into all the natural love of generating what is like, and in men of generating men alone, and in thegood man of the generation of the counterpart of himself. But it is impossible for the good man to do this without possessing the perfect virtues, in which he will train the youth who have recourse to him. And as he says in the Theœtetus,He will beget and finish men. For some procreate by the body, others by the soul; since also with the barbarian philosophers to teach and enlighten is called to regenerate; and I have begotten you in Jesus Christ, 1 Corinthians 4:15 says the good apostlesomewhere. Empedocles, too, enumerates friendship among the elements, conceiving it as a combining love:— Which do you look at with your mind; and don't sit gaping with your eyes. Parmenides, too, in his poem, alluding to hope, speaks thus:— Yet look with the mind certainly on what is absent as present, For it will not sever that which is from the grasp it has of that which is Not, even if scattered in every direction over the world or combined.
- Tertullian Against Marcion 5.7 § 2
- Tertullian Against Marcion 5.8 - Now hear how he declared that by Christ Himself, when returned to heaven, these spiritual gifts were to be sent: "He ascended up. on high," that is, into heaven; "He led captivity captive," meaning death or slavery of man; "He gave gifts to the sons of men," that is, the gratuities, which we call charismata. He says specifically "sons of men," and not men promiscuously; thus exhibiting to us those who were the children of men truly so called, choice men, apostles. "For," says he, "I have begotten you through the gospel;" and "Ye are my children, of whom I travail again in birth." Now was absolutely fulfilled that promise of the Spirit which was given by the word of Joel: "In the last days will I pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh, and their sons and their daughters shall prophesy; and upon my servants and upon my handmaids will I pour out of my Spirit." Since, then, the Creator promised the gift of His Spirit in the latter days; and since Christ has in these last days appeared as the dispenser of spiritual gifts (as the apostle says, "When the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth His Son;" and again, "This I say, brethren, that the time is short"), it evidently follows in connection with this prediction of the last days, that this gift of the Spirit belongs to Him who is the Christ of the predicters.
- Tertullian Monogamy6 § 1
- Epiphanius Panarion 66 63 § 7
Zie hier voor een verklaring van de gebruikte coderingen.
Zie hier over het gebruik van de interlineair.
Want al hadt gij tien duizend leermeesters in Christus, zo [hebt gij] toch niet vele vaders; want in Christus Jezus heb ik u door het Evangelie geteeld.____
Zie de huisregels welk commentaar wordt opgenomen!