Volume 2: Shechem III The Illustrations
This volume presents the stratigraphy and architectural remains of the tell of ancient (biblical) Shechem on the eastern outskirts of the modern municipality of Nablus, in what was at the time of excavation the independent village of Balatah. First identified as an ancient ruin and proposed as ancient Shechem in 1903, the site was excavated by an Austro-German team in the period between 1913 and 1934, and by the Drew-McCormick Archaeological Expedition, later named the Joint Expedition, between 1956 and 1973. Now, 87 years after Ernest Sellin began the dig, and 27 years after the expedition mounted by G. Ernest Wright left the field, this volume sets out to give that sort of portrayal to this mound of ancient cities that began its history at least 4000 years BCE and ended its premodern history in 107 BCE.
Nog geen recensies
||Shechem III Volume 2: Shechem III The Illustrations
||Edward F. Campbell|
||American Schools Of Oriental Research|
Klik op het logo om te bestellen!
Zie de huisregels welk commentaar wordt opgenomen!