|SV||Maar ik bid u, broeders, door den Naam van onzen Heere Jezus Christus, dat gij allen hetzelfde spreekt, en [dat] onder u geen scheuringen zijn, maar [dat] gij samengevoegd zijt in eenzelfden zin, en in een zelfde gevoelen.|
|Steph|| παρακαλω δε υμας αδελφοι δια του ονοματος του κυριου ημων ιησου χριστου ινα το αυτο λεγητε παντες και μη η εν υμιν σχισματα ητε δε κατηρτισμενοι εν τω αυτω νοι και εν τη αυτη γνωμη
|Trans.||parakalō de ymas adelphoi dia tou onomatos tou kyriou ēmōn iēsou christou ina to auto legēte pantes kai mē ē en ymin schismata ēte de katērtismenoi en tō autō noi kai en tē autē gnōmē|
AlgemeenZie ook: Jezus Christus, Kerkscheuringen
Romeinen 12:16, Romeinen 15:5, Filippenzen 2:2, Filippenzen 3:16, 1 Petrus 3:8
Maar ik bid u, broeders, door den Naam van onzen Heere Jezus Christus, dat gij allen hetzelfde spreekt, en [dat] onder u geen scheuringen zijn, maar [dat] gij samengevoegd zijt in eenzelfden zin, en in een zelfde gevoelen.
- Canon Muratorianus (p.7, l.10)
- Ignatius aan deTrallians: I therefore, yet not I, out the love of Jesus Christ, "entreat you that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind, and in the same judgment."
- Ignatius Philippians: "that ye all speak the same thing, being of one mind, thinking the same thing, and walking by the same rule of faith,"
- Clement Instructor 2:13: "But you also oppose Scripture, seeing it expressly cries “Seek first the kingdom of heaven, and all these things shall be added unto you.” But if all things have been conferred on you, and all things allowed you, and “if all things are lawful, yet all things are not expedient,” says the apostle. God brought our race into communion by first imparting what was His own, when He gave His own Word, common to all, and made all things for all. All things therefore are common, and not for the rich to appropriate an undue share. That expression, therefore, “I possess, and possess in abundance: why then should I not enjoy?” is suitable neither to the man, nor to society. But more worthy of love is that: “I have: why should I not give to those who need?” For such an one—one who fulfils the command, “Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself”—is perfect. For this is the true luxury—the treasured wealth. But that which is squandered on foolish lusts is to be reckoned waste, not expenditure.
- Tertullian Prescription 5: "And by so doing, he makes those to be not approved, who have fallen into heresies; more especially when with reproofs heexhorts men to turn away from such, teaching them that they should all speak and think the selfsame thing, 1 Corinthians 1:10 the very object which heresies do not permit."
- Tertullian Prescription 26: Although, even supposing that among intimate friends, so to speak, they did hold certaindiscussions, yet it is incredible that these could have been such as to bring in some other rule of faith, differing from and contrary to that which they were proclaiming through the Catholic churches, — as if they spoke of one God in the Church, (and) another at home, and described one substance of Christ, publicly, (and) another secretly, and announced one hope of the resurrection before all men, (and) another before the few; although they themselves, in their epistles, besought men that they would all speak one and the same thing, and that there should be no divisions and dissensions in the church,1 Corinthians 1:10 seeing that they, whether Paul or others, preached the same things. Moreover, they remembered (the words): Let your communication be yea, yea; nay, nay; for whatsoever is more than this comes of evil; Matthew 5:37 so that they were not to handle the gospel in a diversity of treatment.
- Anonymous Treatise on Baptism 1: But since it is not in our power, according to the apostle's precept, to speak the same thing, that there be not schisms among us; 1 Corinthians 1:10 yet, as far as we can, we strive to demonstrate the true condition of this argument, and to persuade turbulent men, even now, to mind their own business, as we shall even attain a great deal if they will at length acquiesce in this sound advice. And therefore we shall, as is needful, collect into one mass whatever passages of the Holy Scriptures are pertinent to this subject. And we shall manifestly harmonize, as far as possible, those which seem to be differing or of various meaning; and we shall to the extent of our poor ability examine both the utility and advantage of each method, that we may recommend to all the brethren, that the most wholesome form and peaceful custom be adopted in the Church.
- Ignatius, Ephesians 18: Let my spirit be counted as nothing (περίψημα) for the sake of the cross, which is a stumbling-block 607 to those that do not believe, but to us salvation and p. 57 life eternal. “Where is the wise man? where the disputer?” 608 Where is the boasting of those who are styled prudent? For our God, Jesus Christ, was, according to the appointment 609 of God, conceived in the womb by Mary, of the seed of David, but by the Holy Ghost. He was born and baptized, that by His passion He might purify the water.
- Irenaeus AH 1.3.2: For that fan they explain to be the cross (Stauros), which consumes, no doubt, all material2706 objects, as fire does chaff, but it purifies all them that are saved, as a fan does wheat. Moreover, they affirm that the Apostle Paul himself made mention of this cross in the following words: “The doctrine of the cross is to them that perish foolishness, but to us who are saved it is the power of God.”2707 And again: “God forbid that I should glory in anything2708 save in the cross of Christ, by whom the world is crucified to me, and I unto the world.”
Zie hier voor een verklaring van de gebruikte coderingen.
Zie hier over het gebruik van de interlineair.
Maar ik bid u, broeders, door den Naam van onzen Heere Jezus Christus, dat gij allen hetzelfde spreekt, en [dat] onder u geen scheuringen zijn, maar [dat] gij samengevoegd zijt in eenzelfden zin, en in een zelfde gevoelen.____
Zie de huisregels welk commentaar wordt opgenomen!